HAMLET'S QUESTION ANESTESIA: TO BE OR NOT TO BE?



HAMLET'S QUESTION
ANESTESIA: TO BE OR NOT TO BE?


...The third day in the morning the doctors did the last checks of mine. And they started to prepare me to the stimulation of the delivery.

I was taken to the separate big room with all the necessary delivery providing tools. I arrived there at 10.30. And I think I waited there at about two hours till the time all started. During all that time the doctors and nurses were coming in, taking some stuff there, doing their normal routine.. I could watch them, while waiting for the moment my doctor to arrive to me. She was busy in the neighbourhood room. The world of hospital was brooming there, so I was not bored. Just time to time my ears were irritated with the terrible scream of some woman who were delivering there. "I have done the right choice, agreeing for anesthesia", - I got the thought then...

Well, before I had doubts to deliver naturally, or to agree for anesthesia. Because, they say, it is not very good for a baby. But from the other hand, I know that I am not resisting to the pain at all. To make the final decision about anesthesia, I asked for the doctor's advice.

To do the total anesthesia, it is the best not to feel pain. But, it influence the baby more then other kinds of anesthesia. The doctors suggest it only in case there are bad health conditions of the woman. For example, I had problems with eyes. It was the problem of short eyes. And I was afraid that, because of the high pressure that appears during the delivery, it can make me blind. But they explained me. They checked, if I have any eye's illnesses, any eye's modifications like glaucoma or katarakta, for example. There appeared  not to be any, so there was no need of total anesthesia. More over, the total anesthesia is a kind of operation. And the recovery period after is long and painful. So, you skip pain only  during operation, but later you would have limitations in the normal life for a longer time. This limitations were considering the ability to carry the heathy things, to take a bag or a baby up to the hands.

Another thing there was the epidural anesthesia. It also have it's risks. And, if you have the serious problems with the back-bone, the doctors also will not do it. As they insert the tubes inside the body, and in the worst cases it can hurt you even up to become paralysed.

I had the scoliosis, and I had doubts how it gonna go on later. But, the doctors calm me down that it was not forbidden it that case. I was aware that after the epidular anestesia I still will have a discomfort approximately for one-six months. It could be the pain in the area of the back-bone, where they would do the intrusion, or a sensation of the frozen hands or fingers.

I asked the doctor, if it was possible to decide about anesthesia later, during the delivery, if  to take one or not. The answer was "no". He saw me being hesitated, if I would be able to stand the pain without the anesthesia, and help me to take the decision. And, more over, I had to say my decision a day in advance. So, they include me in their schedule and invited the anesthesia doctor there. He said, if I was so sensitive to the pain, I would understand that it was a right choice to take the one. And more over, I would get less tired till the end of delivery.

In some hospitals they give you a list and ask to bring all necessary things with you in advance. It's, for example, some nappies or medicine. Here everything was included. I had  just to organize myself with the comfortable clothes. And wait till the time the delivery supporting team to arrive.






No comments:

Post a Comment

THE BABY IS TWO YEAR OLD? SHE IS A LADY ALREADY!

THE BABY IS TWO YEARS OLD?SHE IS ALREDY A LADY! ...My baby was becoming a true lady day by day, more and more. And more an...